Petr Konchalovsky Foundation Expert Council:
The work of the Foundation is based on professional, straight-out, and objective approach on attribution of Petr Konchalovsky’s works.
The activity of the Foundation in this area is built on the base of understanding of the high responsibility at taking a decision, and its main purpose is to get the reliability of attribution. The expert certification should be fulfilled only on the basis of the complex examination including technological examination, art historical examination, and examination of provenance of a work of art.
- Technological examination is carried out by the Art Consulting – Independent expert company, which has the modern and highly technological laboratory, that allows analyzing the structure of a work of art comprehensively; The tasks in view are solved by the complex methods of non destroying analysis in visible, ultra-violet, infra-red and x-ray areas of electromagnetic spectrum, and also by the micro chemical analysis, tool methods of physical and chemical examination of the micro tests taken from a product in the laboratory. In its work Art Consulting leans on created together with Petr Konchalovsky Foundation unique reference base of products of Peter Konchalovsky, which reflects all periods of his creativity, with tests of materials of the ground, the color layer, the connecting substances and the bases. The professional responsibility of experts – art historians and technical experts of the Art Consulting is insured from mistakes and omissions for the sum of $ 3 million in the insurance companies of Russia – “Ingosstrakh” and “The Renaissance Insurance” on the conditions of co-insurance.
- Art historical examination is carried out, at least, by two experts from structure of Expert Council of Petr Konchalovsky Foundation, and based on the results of technological examination.
- Examination of an origin and provenance of Petr Konchalovsky’s works is carried out by Foundation on the basis of archival materials, documents and other certificates of a provenance of a work of art.
- The Expert Council of Petr Konchalovsky Foundation consists of the best independent experts of high business reputation whose professional specialization includes Petr Konchalovsky’s creativity.
The Expert Council includes also:
- The representative of the independent company Art Consulting;
- Director of Petr Konchalovsky Foundation.
- In case of recognition of a work of art as an original the Petr Konchalovsky Foundation includes it into the register of products of the artist and gives to the client-applicant the following documents:
- The Petr Konchalovsky Foundation certificate of authenticity of a work of art, made as a special, numbered form printed in the printing house Goznak, and signed by the members of Expert Council of the Foundation;
- The Art Consulting conclusion on results of technological examination signed by its experts and director;
- The conclusion of art historical examination signed by the engaged experts.
- The examination of a work of art on its conformity to the certificate of authenticity of Petr Konchalovsky Foundation. The application of special technologies allows identifying each product which has been certificated by Foundation. That enables unequivocally to define the conformity of a work of art to the certificate given out earlier. It is especially important in a case of changing the owner of product, and in a number of other cases.
The process of the expertise of identity consists of several stages. After finishing the specialists of the Foundation will give you recommendations on your next actions.
- Application for carrying out the authentication and expert certification:
The applicant by e-mail sends to Petr Konchalovsky Foundation the application for carrying out the authentication and expert certification. In the letter there should be the following data:
- Photos of product with the high resolution of obverse and an underside;
- Data about the prospective author;
- Prospective date of creation;
- The size;
- Data on an origin and provenance;
- At the presence of the certificates of previous examinations, an applicant is obliged to specify by whom and when they had been given out;
- Contact phone.
- Preliminary art historical identification:
After reception of the application the Foundation Council defines date, time and a place of carrying out the preliminary art historical identification. Based on its results the expert-art historian gives out the recommendations to the client-applicant concerning the expediency of carrying out the complex examination in full.
- The complex expert certification:
After carrying out the preliminary art historical identification the client-applicant signs with the Art Consulting the contract about technological and art historical examination.
If the negative conclusion concerning the authenticity is accepted according the results of technological examination, then the client pays only the technological examination cost.
Performing the complex examination there can be the cases when for the authentication of a work of art, the Expert Council of Petr Konchalovsky Foundation will recommend carrying out additional researches. In this case Foundation fulfils them in coordination with the client.
- The examination of a work of art on its conformity to the certificate of authenticity of Petr Konchalovsky Foundation:
The client – applicant sends an application, pointing out the number of the certificate of authenticity of Foundation. The Council of Foundation defines with the applicant a date, time and a place of carrying out the examination. The applicant is obliged to give for examination both, the product and the original of certificate of authenticity of Petr Konchalovsky Foundation.